Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Note that lewd or meaningless nicknames are prohibited (no numbers or letters at random) and please introduce yourself in the section for you to meet our community.
pcm brokers pcm brokers
Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast

Thread: EUR/USD

Senior Trader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    EURUSD Technical Levels - 15.11.2016

EURUSD fell 11 months lows and trading below 1.0800. Technically, EURUSD next immediate support at 1.0700, 1.0550 and 1.0500 levls. Up side resistance above at 1.0850, 1.0955 and 1.1000 levels.
    Trend overall looking slightly bearish at the moment.

Senior Trader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    EUR/USD dips below lower range, bearish bias increases

The EUR/USD declined in the US session as dollar was bolstered by upbeat U.S. economic data and increased expectations of interest rate increase by the Federal Reserve next month and in 2017.

The pair came under pressure after data showed that U.S. manufactured capital goods rebounded in October, boosting expectations of faster economic growth.

The pair is set to reach 1.0500 and later towards 1.0450 in the short term as the US dollar is set to strengthen further against its European counterpart in the short term.

To the upside, the strong resistance can be seen at 1.0614, a break above this level would take the pair towards next resistance level at 1.0656 levels.

To the downside immediate support can be seen at 1.0532, a break below this level will open the door towards next level at 1.0483.

Resistance Levels

R1: 1.0576 (50 % Retracement level)

R2: 1.0614 (61.8 % Retracement level)

R3: 1.0656 (November 22nd high)

Support Levels

S1: 1.0532 (38.2 % Retracement level)

S2: 1.0483 (23.6% Retracement level)

S3: 1.0451 (March 8th lows)

3. Thanks gold pattern thanked for this post
    Senior Trader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    Quote Originally Posted by ALex View Post
    EUR/USD dips below lower range, bearish bias increases

The EUR/USD declined in the US session as dollar was bolstered by upbeat U.S. economic data and increased expectations of interest rate increase by the Federal Reserve next month and in 2017.

The pair came under pressure after data showed that U.S. manufactured capital goods rebounded in October, boosting expectations of faster economic growth.

The pair is set to reach 1.0500 and later towards 1.0450 in the short term as the US dollar is set to strengthen further against its European counterpart in the short term.

To the upside, the strong resistance can be seen at 1.0614, a break above this level would take the pair towards next resistance level at 1.0656 levels.

To the downside immediate support can be seen at 1.0532, a break below this level will open the door towards next level at 1.0483.

Resistance Levels

R1: 1.0576 (50 % Retracement level)

R2: 1.0614 (61.8 % Retracement level)

R3: 1.0656 (November 22nd high)

Support Levels

S1: 1.0532 (38.2 % Retracement level)

S2: 1.0483 (23.6% Retracement level)

S3: 1.0451 (March 8th lows)
    It’s a bullish trend! Maybe market will retest the level 1.190 and then once again strong bullish momentum! On the other hand, if market breaks the level 1.1713 only then I’ll go for the sell trade! Then my initial target will be 1.1296.

Senior Trader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    Quote Originally Posted by riki143 View Post
    EUR/USD Daily Analytics
    07:44 05.03.2018
    Technical levels: support – 1.2260; resistance – 1.2310, 1.2380.

Trade recommendations:

Buy — 1.2260; SL — 1.2240; TP1 — 1.2310; TP2 — 1.2380
    Reason: narrowing bearish Ichimoku Cloud with rising Senkou Span A; a cancelled dead cross of Tenkan-sen and Kijun-sen with horizontal lines; the market testing the Cloud’s resistance.

I see, your analysis is based on only technical tool! What do you do during the high voltage news like FOMC, NFP? Do you close all of trades? Or carry on as like general sessions?

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    EUR futures: cautiously resembling

CME Group’s preliminary figures for EUR futures markets showed open interest decreased marginally by 950 contracts on Monday vs. Friday’s final 503,909 contracts.
    In the same direction, volume shrunk by almost 12.7K contracts, the first drop after five consecutive builds.

EUR/USD holding on to 1.2200

EUR/USD has accelerated the decline as of late, the 1.2200 neighbourhood continues to offer strong contention for the time being.
    The down move has been against the backdrop of declining open interest, while yesterday’s drop in volume warns against extra pullbacks for now.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    Trade Idea For December 24th, 2014 – EUR/USD

It is understandably a very quiet day with the stock markets in Italy and Germany closed for the Christmas Eve.
    Elsewhere, most traders are probably out today too although that does not necessarily mean the markets won’t move.
    In fact, the lack of volume means there could be bouts of high volatility.
    Still, that will be kept to a minimum given that it is going to be a shortened trading day.
    The London Stock Exchange will close at 12:30 GMT and the European exchanges following suit at 13:05 GMT.
    In the US, the markets will also close early with US futures open for trade until 18:15 GMT.
    In London, the main mover is Smith & Nephew, which is up 7% after Bloomberg reported that US surgical implant maker Stryker was planning a takeover bid for the company in the coming weeks.
    But generally investors are exercising a bit of caution after the S&P warned of downgrading Russia while the Greek short-term bond yields are back above 10% with just 5 days to go until the third and final round of voting in the presidential election.
    If the coalition government fails to secure a majority of the vote then it will lead to an early general election in February.
    The big fear is that the radical anti-bailout Syriza party could be voted to power.

If seen, this could be very news for the European markets and also the euro. In fact, the latter looks set to drop to at least 1.20 against the dollar over the coming weeks.
    The EUR/USD has now broken a long-term bullish trend line at 1.2220, which has thus paved the way for further follow-up technical selling.
    This trend line I am referring to was derived from connecting the low point of 2010 with that of 2012 and extending it to the future.
    It provided some support on Monday but now that it has been broken, there’s really not much support seen until 1.20 on the weekly time frame.
    Following last week’s formation of a huge bearish engulfing candle, further sharp losses could be the perfect gift the bears were hoping to receive during this festive period.
    As well as the Greek vote, there will be some important data out next week which may provide the stimulus for the next move.
    Meanwhile as can be seen on the daily chart, there are a couple of Fibonacci extension levels standing on the way towards 1.20, at 1.2155/60 (127.2%) and 1.2045/50 (161.8%).
    But as things stand, these are only likely to provide short term respite on the way down.
    Meanwhile the short-term technical outlook would turn bullish on a potential break above resistance at 1.2250.
    In that case, price may stage a short-covering rally towards the resistance trend line between 1.24 and 1.25.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    EUR/USD weakens & re-visits 1.2200

The now better tone around the greenback is now forcing EUR/USD to recede to the area of daily lows and re-visit the critical 1.2200 neighbourhood.
    Following yesterday’s recovery, the pair has now resumed the downside after failing to extend the recent bullish attempt beyond the 1.2240 on Tuesday.In the meantime, the greenback – tracked by the US Dollar Index – keeps flirting with the critical 91.00 milestone while yields of the US 10-year note are looking to consolidate at/above the critical 3.0% level.
    Nothing scheduled today in both Euroland and the US dockets, leaving all the attention to the broad risk appetite trends and market sentiment. That said, the pair is expected to remain under pressure/rangebound in light of imminent ECB meeting tomorrow.

Junior Trader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    EUR/USD at 1.2566 – Commerzbank

By the recent price action ,Head of FICC Technical analysis at Commerzbank, suggested the 1.2566 level could be regarded as an interim top.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    EUR/USD off 2-month lows--back around 1.2175 ahead of ECB

The EUR/USD - enjoys good two-way trading this Thursday, the rates remain supported ahead of March lows while the bears continue to guard the 1.22 barrier ahead of the European Central Bank (ECB) monetary policy decision.
    In the last year the US dollar index faded a spike to fresh three-month tops of 91.32 to now trade near its opening price of 91.19. The latest leg down in the buck is the main reason that prompted the bounce in the spot from two-month troughs of 1.2157.
    The EUR, continues to find some support from the cautious tone seen around the European equities, as markets turn risk-averse following the slump in China stocks.The spot is likely to maintain its range-play, with risks skewed to the downside ahead of the ECB decision, as markets expected the ECB PRESIDENT to deliver downbeat remarks on the Euro area economic outlook while maintaining the status-quo.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    EUR/USD above 1.2100 , what's next?

EUR/USD finally broke out of the year's "range" and took out the 1 March floor of 1.2155 in trading yesterday.
    Taking out the 100-day MA (red line) this time around is a little different since euro bulls no longer have a long-term trendline support to lean on for additional backing.

And since the break, the pair also took out a key technical level in the 1.2155 low.

From a technical perspective, this opens up a move towards a test of the 200-day MA (blue line) @ 1.2010 but more realistically it's a test of the region between 1.2000-10 in that case. Standing in between that test though is the 4 January high (resistance-turned-support) @ 1.2089, but it is only a minor support if anything else.
    Draghi's speech yesterday is not enough to warrant a move way beyond those levels mentioned above in my view. The technical break of 1.2155 was important, but the ECB is almost certainly not going to back out of a QE eit in June/July right now. They have too much invested in it at the moment.
    It's going to take some really soggy economic data points to warrant a larger downside move in the euro in my view. But given positioning data, I reckon that wouldn't really matter if we were to see a squeeze on euro longs. Markets always find a way to inflict the most pain, on the most amount of people.

12. ARIONFORXtarder

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast