Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Note that lewd or meaningless nicknames are prohibited (no numbers or letters at random) and please introduce yourself in the section for you to meet our community.
pcm brokers pcm brokers
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English

Aggregate Risk

Aggregate Risk

The exposure of a bank, financial institution, or any type of major investor to foreign exchange contracts - both spot and forward - from a single counterparty or client. Aggregate risk in Forex may also be defined as the total exposure of an entity to changes or fluctuations in currency rates.

Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English

Market Capitalization

Market Capitalization

The total dollar market value of all of a company's outstanding shares. Market capitalization is calculated by multiplying a company's shares outstanding by the current market price of one share. The investment community uses this figure to determine a company's size, as opposed to sales or total asset figures.

Frequently referred to as "market cap."

Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English

Benchmark Bond

Benchmark Bond

A bond that provides a standard against which the performance of other bonds can be measured. Government bonds are almost always used as benchmark bonds. Also referred to as "benchmark issue" or "bellwether issue".

Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English

Federal Reserve Note

Federal Reserve Note

The most accurate term used to describe the paper currency (dollar bills) circulated in the United States. These Federal Reserve Notes are printed by the U.S. Treasury at the instruction of the Federal Reserve member banks, who also act as the clearinghouse for local banks that need to increase or reduce their supply of cash on hand. This term is often confused with Federal Reserve Bank Notes, which were issued and redeemable only by each individual member bank, but phased out in the mid-1930s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English

Gross Debt Service Ratio - GDS

Gross Debt Service Ratio - GDS

A debt service measure that financial lenders use as a rule of thumb to give a preliminary assessment about whether a potential borrower is already in too much debt. Receiving a ratio of less than 30% means that the potential borrower has an acceptable level of debt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English

Headline Inflation

Headline Inflation

The raw inflation figure as reported through the Consumer Price Index (CPI) that is released monthly by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The CPI calculates the cost to purchase a fixed basket of goods as a way of determining how much inflation is occurring in the broad economy. The CPI uses a base year and indexes current year prices based on the base year's values.
    The headline figure is not adjusted for seasonality or for the often volatile elements of food and energy prices, which are removed in the Core CPI. Headline inflation will usually be quoted on an annualized basis, meaning that a monthly headline figure of 4\% inflation equates to a monthly rate that, if repeated for 12 months, would create 4\% inflation for the year. Comparisons of headline inflation are typically made on a year-over-year basis.

Also known as "top-line inflation".

Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English

Income From Operations - IFO

Income From Operations - IFO

The profit realized from a business' own operations. Income from operations is generated from running the primary business and excludes income from other sources. For example, this would exclude income generated from selling the property of a manufacturing company.

Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English

Divergence

Divergence

When the price of an asset and an indicator, index or other related asset move in opposite directions. In technical analysis, traders make transaction decisions by identifying situations of divergence, where the price of a stock and a set of relevant indicators, such as the money flow index (MFI), are moving in opposite directions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English

Qualified Retirement Plan

Qualified Retirement Plan

A type of retirement plan established by an employer for the benefit of the company's employees. Qualified retirement plans give employers a tax break for the contributions they make for their employees. Qualified plans that allow employees to defer a portion of their salaries into the plan also reduce employees' present income-tax liability by reducing taxable income. Qualified retirement plans help employers attract and retain good employees.

Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English

Interlocking Directorates

Interlocking Directorates

A common business practice where a member of a company's board of directors also serves on another company's board or within another company's management. Under antitrust legislation, interlocking directorates are not illegal as long as the corporations involved do not compete with each other.

11. ARIONFORXtarder

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast