Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Note that lewd or meaningless nicknames are prohibited (no numbers or letters at random) and please introduce yourself in the section for you to meet our community.
pcm brokers pcm brokers
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: GBP/USD

Junior Trader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    GBPUSD --Volatile Ahead Of GDP Report

The British pound continues to trade towards the lower bounds of its recent trading range against the U.S dollar. The GBPUSD pair currently trades around the 1.3930 level, after earlier moving to a fresh weekly price-low, at 1.3894. Sterling traders are likely to react to the U.S Durable Goods Orders data release, and pay close attention to the ECB meeting later today.The GBPUSD pair holds a medium-term bearish bias while trading below the 1.3992 level, key support is found at the 1.3917 and 1.3880 regions.If the GBPUSD pair trades back above the 1.3992 level, buyers may be encouraged to test towards the 1.4046 and 1.4100 resistance areas.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    Bank Of England meeting in May

Today --- BOE Carney Speaks in London
    May 1--- April manufacturing PMI
    May 2-- April construction PMI
    May 3-- April services and composite PMI
    May 10--March industrial and manufacturing production

Traders are already slashing their expectations of a rate hike for May with money market pricing being halved from just above 50% to between 20-25%. Needless to say, the BOE has never raised the bank rate when annual GDP growth was this low.

And if market expectations heading into the meeting remains well below the common threshold of 60-70%, it would be one of the bigger surprises this year if the BOE is to embark on a rate hike in May.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    Summer looks bleak for the pound.....

Bloomberg out with an article on the pound--They note Friday's sharp drop for the pound fuelled by the GDP miss as an ominous sign for the pound going forward. This latest data miss according to Bloomberg is evidence that Brexit negotiations have gone poorly and that the economy is starting to be impacted. They note a 'head on the sand' approach by the majority of the British population.
    The data out of the UK has been poor over the last couple of weeks and , coupled with USD strength, the GBP has been steadily dropping. An outside engulfing bar on the weekly chart two weeks ago was followed by a further drop last week. On a swing trading basis GBP/USD shorts look good for the next couple of week. However, price is currently at supply roughly at 1.38000 to 1.3700, so a retrace should be favoured before considering a GBP/USD short.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    GBP/USD fundamental analysis-week of may 14,2018

*pair had been trading under pressure as the BOE has failed to support the pound

The pair had a tight week of consolidation and ranging over the last week as the strength of the dollar faded away towards the end of the week.The pair continues to trade near the lows of its range and it continues to remain in the falling of the cliff.

In the coming week,there will be retail sales data from the US.
    There would also be the average earnings index and inflation reports hearings from the UK but these are likely to have a lesser impact. The bulls in the pair would hope to hold the region around 1.35 and ensure that there is a rebound but so far, there have not been any such signs as yet.

Senior Trader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishnu View Post
    GBP/USD fundamental analysis-week of may 14,2018

*pair had been trading under pressure as the BOE has failed to support the pound

The pair had a tight week of consolidation and ranging over the last week as the strength of the dollar faded away towards the end of the week.The pair continues to trade near the lows of its range and it continues to remain in the falling of the cliff.

In the coming week,there will be retail sales data from the US.
    There would also be the average earnings index and inflation reports hearings from the UK but these are likely to have a lesser impact. The bulls in the pair would hope to hold the region around 1.35 and ensure that there is a rebound but so far, there have not been any such signs as yet.

Right now, we are in a small range, if GBPUSD breaks 1.3480 level, then my next target will 1.3095

Junior Trader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    GBP/USD Technical Analysis: Cable grinding difficult as bulls are on the order of 1.3200 figure

GBP/USD is evolving in a bull trend as it is trading above its 50, 100 and 200-time easy moving average.

After breaking from the bull flag, GBP/USD almost reached the 1.3200 figure. The further should continue to abbreviate higher. The adjacent-door main intend for bulls becomes the 1.3300 figure and little pullbacks by the side of along the habit can be time-privileged.

A bear breakout below 1.2957 would likely rescind the bullish bias.

Junior Trader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    GBP/USD Weekly Price Forecast British pound shows resiliency

The British pound shows resiliency during the week adjacent to the US dollar, dropping towards the 1.30 level and no-one else to incline coarsely and rally anew. We are above the 1.3125 handle, and that of course is a totally bullish sign.

The British pound went protection and forth during the trading session around the order of Friday, just as we did during the week. We have inconsistent above the 1.3125 handle, which of course is a delightful sign. That was an area that was significant resistance by now, and it looks as if the push is coarse and its uptrend. I think at this dwindling, every one era the spread sells off value hunters come backing into the British pound because it is historically cheap. We have recently damage above the downtrend pedigree, for that excuse that should not be forgotten. Its not odd to see a downtrend heritage profit damage, followed by some as well as taking place-and-forth consolidation, back we can crack out to the upside in fiddle following the overall trend. I assign on thats whats occurring right now, and eventually we will profit some type of unconditional to the Brexit negotiations.

Ultimately, you should appearance at the British pound as live thing cheap overall, as the proclaim participants unconditionally are starting to reach hence. I think that the 1.30 level will begin before happening once the maintenance for a lot of refrain, just as the previous downtrend extraction will. Once we finally reach profit the escape, I think the spread probably goes hunting for the 1.35 level. I have an effect on to that the reality that comes as soon as a conclusion to the negotiations will be reason satisfactory for the British pound to rally. If they realize a decent concord, you may tune traders picking taking place the Sterling for a big shape merged. I would with viewpoint toward out that the 61.8% Fibonacci retracement level has offered retain at the lows.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    GBP/USD

Today’s GBP/USD Signals
    Risk 0.75% per trade.
    Trades must be taken between 8am and 5pm London time today only.
    Short Trade

• Go short following a bearish price action reversal on the 1H1 time frame H1H1H1 time frame immediately upon the next touch of 1.3006.
    • Put the stop loss 1 pip above the local swing high.
    • Move the stop loss to break even once the trade is 25 pips in profit.
    • Take off 50% of the position as profit when the price reaches 25 pips in profit and leave the remainder of the position to ride.

Long Trade

• Go long following a bullish price action reversal on the 1H1 time frame H1H1H1 time frame immediately upon the next touch of 1.2894.
    • Put the stop loss 1 pip below the local swing low.
    • Move the stop loss to break even once the trade is 25 pips in profit.
    • Take off 50% of the position as profit when the price reaches 25 pips in profit and leave the remainder of the position to ride.

The best method to identify a classic “price action reversal” is for an hourly candle to close, such as a pin bar, a doji, an outside or even just an engulfing candle with a higher close. You can exploit these levels or zones by watching the price action that occurs at the given levels.

9. ARIONFORXtarder

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112