Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Note that lewd or meaningless nicknames are prohibited (no numbers or letters at random) and please introduce yourself in the section for you to meet our community.
pcm brokers pcm brokers pcm brokers
    Senior Trader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English

Better to set a target in pips or $?

Whatever, that you feel you are comfortable to use then use it. For me, I use both them. Actually, in mini and cent account I use pip value since the value in dollar is not really that high. On the other hand, I’m also trading with standard account as $ target. Since in little amount a little pips chance is already worth dollars in term of profit and loss. So, for me it’s does not matter if you use pips or dollars.

What matter is that you are comfortable using it. Because, just imagine in cent account I earn only 0.50 $ after making 50 pips. Besides, I get 10$ in my standard account when I manage only 10pips. That’s it.

Senior Trader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    I think the best way, is making a target with percentage. I also use a percentage in my target. Because, with that way I can become easier to manage my trading risk and make me more flexible in my trading. On the other hand, using percentage method in our target makes us more discipline in trading. That’s my experience about this case.

Kevin Pietersen
    If we sitting target in dollar, I think we will find difficulties to measure our target weekly or monthly. Better we sitting in pips. So, we can make sure our target weekly or monthly such sitting target trading profit 200 pips or 300 pips per week. That’s the professional way of trading.

Junior Trader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    Your trades can not be 'Effective' if you actually place the trade targeting some Dollar to Earn. So its always better to execute a trade with Pip target and this is how one day you will become an proper analyst.

Trader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    I Believe any accounts, whether big or small, should be displayed pips. Because in both cases less psycho trader and the trader is not emotionally decisions.

In trade not to stress is important.

Senior Trader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Reilly View Post
    Whatever, that you feel you are comfortable to use then use it. For me, I use both them. Actually, in mini and cent account I use pip value since the value in dollar is not really that high. On the other hand, I’m also trading with standard account as $ target. Since in little amount a little pips chance is already worth dollars in term of profit and loss. So, for me it’s does not matter if you use pips or dollars.

What matter is that you are comfortable using it. Because, just imagine in cent account I earn only 0.50 $ after making 50 pips. Besides, I get 10$ in my standard account when I manage only 10pips. That’s it.
    I don’t know, how the traders can trade with a same strategy for multiple trading instruments! Because, this policy didn’t work for me! As a result now I am working on 5 different trading systems to use EURUSD, GBPUSD, GBPPY, Gold & Silver! On the other hand, I am practicing for NZDUSD & CADJPY with 2 new trading systems!

7. ARIONFORXtarder