Important Fx news reports.
In Forex ground, There is always this argument whether news is necessary in Forex or not. By the way, according to my own trading experience I believe we really can take advantage on some news reports that actually moves the Fx market. These news reports include:
1) Report on Employment: This is very important report that that has a lot of impact on the market that of US is related every first Friday of the month by 2:30PM (GMT: +1).
2) Customer Price Index: This is a great market mover. That of US is normally released within the 20th day of each month by 2:30PM (GMT: +1).
3) Non- farm payroll: This is a great market mover in addition; it is a united state news data. It is released every first Friday of the month by 2:30Pm (GMT: +1).
4) Customer Confidence Index: This report for US comes out every last Tuesday of the month at 4:00PM (GMT: +1).
5) Retail sales: This data for united state is always on around 12th of each month and released by 2:30Pm (GMT: +1).
6) Trade Balance: This data for US is released on the 2nd week of every month by 2:30PM (GMT: +1).
7) Treasury International Capital: This data normally released within the 12th business day of the month around 3:00PM (GMT: +1).
Please, there are more this are the once I have capitalized on from my work on the market and I recorded this data from recent January of this year. Even, if you do not want to capitalize on these reports. Do not place an immediate execution trade before their released for the reason that if the market goes against you from their released, the outcome might be too bad. I also get hold of the result of the news from popular sites of Forex news. By the way, I only used my local time GMT: +1. So, so it will better if you convert to your own local time.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes
In my personal opinion, the high impact news like you mention above can move the market price very widely. This is way, personally I never trade during this kind of high voltage news released. Because, during this periods the market price usually very volatile. There are also several disadvantages if we trade in high impact news without clear sense of news trading. First of all, if we made the wrong trade the market will move against our position. As a result, we’ll lose big amount of our trading balance. on the other hand, if we make big profit then we’ll be too much greedy and ultimately you’ll crash our full trading capital.
Actually, this shows that there something you have not tried out before the news is released that made you too frightened of news trading. By the way, I have a special suggestion for you but try this on your demo account first and if you get good result use this method is your live trading account:
Originally Posted by Kevin Pietersen
1) Wait till 5 minutes to the time of the release of any of the above news.
2) During that time on either EUR/USD pair or USD/CHF pair, try placing 2 pending order of buy stop and sell stop. Let each of them be at an entry point of 10 pips above the current market price for buy stop and 10 pips below for sell stop.
3) You should set your stop loss for 15 pips on the other hand you need to use your take profit for 20 pips.
4) 20 minutes after the news release, you will see that one of the orders has been executed because of the volatility you are talking about and probably you might have as well picked your profit from the market.
5) Close your other order that was not picked.
Very informative post this is! I am sure which new traders are interested to learn news trading from the 1st part; you post help them a lot! Yes, I am also in the beginning stage of news trading! Right now, technical analysis is my main strength! Yes I already understood, only technical analysis is not enough here!
I must say, this is very much useful posts for the new Forex traders who really want to learn fundamental trading from the basic level! By the way, when I was a new Forex trader then I followed only Economic Calendar of Forex Factory but right now I am also using FXStreet and DalyFx. By the way, I don’t follow any data without market context! That’s why, now I am not facing any unrealistic losses.