Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Note that lewd or meaningless nicknames are prohibited (no numbers or letters at random) and please introduce yourself in the section for you to meet our community.
100-bonus-benefit
pcm brokers pcm brokers pcm brokers
    Senior Trader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English

Don’t be hurry to close your losing trade.

Sometimes, due to our past experience in the market that we left that later accumulated losses for us. We might be very conscious of leaving a losing trade for a longer time. But, have you experienced a situation where you closed a trade that was strongly going against and then later, after some couple of minutes or so you discovered that such trade as returned and even went to a point you would have gained it if only you had waited.

Kevin Pietersen
    I often close my losing trade that turn out to be a winner. But, I never regret my trading decision to close my losing trade fast because, I always try to protect my trading capital by closing my losing trade fast to avoid become bigger losses. So, when I see that it’s turn out my losses become profitable trading position I will just move on and don’t think about it.

Senior Trader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    Well, it’s very common matter in Forex market. Every trader has faced this type of confusing situation. Experienced traders might have overcome this situation but newbie’s seems to be trapped in emotional tension and depression on this situation. I guess they should do some entertaining things in order to get relief from this situation.

Senior Trader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    Yes! I have trapped in that kind of situation. Sometimes, I am confused whether market is moving around to new direction and I close my running order immediately but after half hour the market is going on the previous direction. But, I do not take risk. Profit may missed but I do not want to face big losses.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    Yea! A lot of time, like for example….., I open buy order in EUR/USD and may target profits is 50 pips. I already had +20 pips but since I don’t have enough free time to continue babysitting my trades I rather close it in profits than close it later on in negative. Even, if I have continue and the market can still give me more than 50 pips, still I feel satisfied that if the market go my way I have sure profits with me. Actually, patience is a very important quality for every Forex trader. We have analyze Forex market with enough concentration.

Senior Trader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    So many times it happens when I close a trade in profits but little profits and then it moves in big profits. In addition, sometimes it happens that I close one trade with small profits and then it turns into big spike against the trade and I secured myself by closing my traders earlier. So, it’s a business and it happens in it.

Junior Trader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    This is a very complex decision and most of fails to do that. I have loss too much opportunities in taking this decision incorrectly. But now I have levied that decision on my broker and after that I have earned a lot.

Trader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    Arabic
    Quote Originally Posted by SurtiTrader View Post
    This is a very complex decision and most of fails to do that. I have loss too much opportunities in taking this decision incorrectly. But now I have levied that decision on my broker and after that I have earned a lot.

I got your point, but traders need to believe their trading analysis! Yes, opposite pressure occurs, but don’t close your running trade based on one big opposite candle! In my trading, I never close my trade position manually! I always wait for the result, TP or SL.