Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Note that lewd or meaningless nicknames are prohibited (no numbers or letters at random) and please introduce yourself in the section for you to meet our community.
pcm brokers pcm brokers
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Junior Trader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits

Bitcoin a bubble waiting to be blown wide open or a revolution in currency markets ?

Soon after The Department of Justice said Bitcoins stated that “legal means of exchange” at a U.S. Senate committee hearing, boosting prospects for wider acceptance of the given virtual currency. Soon after this the market place of Bitcoins had spiked by a huge number against Dollar from trading at $600 to $900. Is it the new GOLD or it is just a bubble that is easy to make a quick buck out of it ?

2. Thanks Jennifer thanked for this post
    Trader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English

Jobless data and US economy go hand in hand.

The weekly and monthly jobless reports are one of the most important indicators of the US economic health. However, there are other indicators as well that show the overall health of US economy like CPI, PMI housing data etc. and jobless data should be used in sync with the other indicators. Joblessness has climbed down from 10% to 7.3% currently which has prompted Fed to consider tapering down on QE and it shows improving overall jobs market health. Further improvement in the jobs market and housing may eventually effect the interest rate in a more positive note in future.

Senior Trader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    I agree with your point that although very important, jobless data alone should not be considered the only cue.

Junior Trader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    With so much volatility in prices of Bitcoin, taking profit is the best policy, holding positions for better price in future is not advisable.

steph.wis

Decline in US Jobless Rate is a positive assessment of the labor market.

Data coming from the recent Minutes from the Federal Reserve, shows that the unemployment rate has come down from 10% to 7.3% in October. In fact the US economy has grown around a pace of 2% in 2013, maybe this was the reason for the unemployed to claim less benefits with also to account the measure of layoffs, overall declined majorly.

What would that mean for the USD for the last quarter of the year ?

Junior Trader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits

UK stocks remain in a tight range with no UK major Data.

Due to no major UK data in the calendar or corporate releases, UK stocks remained on a tight range, with pound also being unchanged against the dollar during the friday session, with currently quoting at USD 1.62.
    Hence the lackluster close for the UK FTSE 200.

8. Thanks Tom, Suresh thanked for this post
    Senior Trader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English

Quantitative easing or money printing

With so much attention on Feds decision to taper down the QE, its a high time I understand what is Quantitative Easing all about. The more I read about QE in academic fashion the more confused I get, So this time I searched for the term "QE for dummies" and Voila! I have pretty good idea about it, at least the basics I guess. I am sure there are others who are struggling to wrap their head around QE and I will try to help here by explaining QE in the most basic fashion.

In general, if something goes wrong with an economy, the concerned central bank or authorities jump into action with some tools and monetary policy is one of the tools, a very powerful tool. With monetary policies they can boost the economy by tweaking the interest rate and controlling the supply of money. When economy slows down and joblessness increases, government decreases the interest rate to help increase investments and they increase the supply of money to boost economy. Is it clear this far? Ok, now comes the tricky situation. While tweaking the interest rate and reducing it, the central regulatory authorities eventually reach a percentage called 0 (zero) and this is a point of no return, what's less than a zero, off course there is this negative territory after that but generally its not helpful either.

I call this situation "miscalculations and wrong decisions at their best" and you can call it "dumb and the dumber part-3", anyways the central regulatory authorities are stuck in a situation where reducing the interest rate further is not possible and they are only left with the option of controlling the supply of money. So what do they do? the answer is simple, they play with supply of money, they print money and lots of it, I mean literally lots and lots of it and inject it in the economy. This is called Quantitative Easing, that's it. I promised to give you the basics of it and this is QE in its most basic form. Of course, the second part of QE is to inject the newly printed money in the economy and the Federal reserve does this by buying bonds from the banks, they call it asset buying program etc. But, no matter how flowery they devise the names and how technical and complicated they make to seem this process, believe me, this is it. This is QE.
    Last edited by Tom; 11-23-2013 at 02:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English

US pending homes sales rose 0.2%

US Dollar declines after US pending homes sales data got released. Pending homes sales data is watched as one of the important economic indicator and any weakness in it is directly reflected in the US Dollar. Pending home sales rose 0.2 to 101.7%. This is the first increase in last six months which the experts says is the cyclical low and higher mortgage rate is effecting it negatively.
    Syed Murthuza Hussaini
    Executive Dealer,
    PCM-BROKERS DMCC

11. Thanks GoldTrader, Samirofi thanked for this post
    Trader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits

Economy steams head with better prospects into 2014

The US economy would be entering the new year with confidence, with steady expansion and recovery of the housing market.
    The positivity was majorly down to steady increase in hiring, where they added an average of 190,000 jobs a month making it the best performance since recession ended.
    The manufacturing has been up since September, as Chicago region a key manufacturing hub contributing the most. The manufacturers would add more workers as the demand continues to grow.
    The housing market, meanwhile, also is expected to have another good year in 2014, They has been an increase in the market since October, to 13.6% which is the highest level in more than seven years.

Increasing home prices not only reflect rising demand as more buyers enter the market, but higher home values also make Americans feel wealthier and more willing to spend. The so-called wealth effect is viewed as a significant contributor to economic growth.

Now it is to understand, how the market will perform and how much would it contribute to the economy ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English

Manufacturing Purchasing Managers Index (PMI)

Manufacturing Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) assesses business conditions in the manufacturing sector. Because the manufacturing sector represents nearly a quarter of total GDP, the PMI is both a significant and timely indicator of business conditions and the general health of the economy. Results are quantified in an index in which values above 50 indicate an expected increase of business conditions and values below 50 signal an expected deterioration. Today Manufacturing PMI Index data was released for Australia, China, Germany, Eurozone and Great Britain. Australian Manufacturing moved a point down from 47.7 to 47.6 followed by China which moved down from 50.8 to 50.5 which shows some slowdown in the manufacturing sector. Manufacturing in Germany was very positive which moved up from 52.7 to 54.3, same was the case with Eurozone figures which were also positive and moved up from 51.6 to 52.7 showing some strong growth in manufacturing sector. Great Britain missed the mark and slipped in from 58.1 to 57.3. ISM manufacturing data from USA is set to be released by 7:00 PM UAE local time.
    Syed Murthuza Hussaini
    Executive Dealer,
    PCM-BROKERS DMCC

14. ARIONFORXtarder

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast