Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Note that lewd or meaningless nicknames are prohibited (no numbers or letters at random) and please introduce yourself in the section for you to meet our community.
pcm brokers pcm brokers pcm brokers
    Kevin Pietersen

Martingale strategy doesn’t work in Forex.

In my trading experience after tried some martingale trading strategy in here, they won’t work and will disappoint you, unless your strategy involve much more components and other calculation, most simple martingale systems are unless in Forex trading. The major point is, trading spread. That’s way, if you want to use martingale strategy make sure your bet/trade is have high pips (50 pips above). So, the 2 pips spread won’t affect much.

Of course, this is result I longer trade. By the way, still I believe martingale is useful as long as it’s not as simple as pure martingale strategy. So, what do you think? Most martingale strategies are useless and risky?

2. Thanks Tammyson thanked for this post
    Senior Trader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    Actually, martingale strategies are very popular lately, even in Expert Advisors or EA. They work great and make nice consistent profits but then suddenly bankrupt your trading balance. You really need big trading leverage and even then after opening 14-15 position the lot size is already enormous and you are already drowning in floating loss. Even, if you start with lot size 0.01 it will increase very fast like, 0.02, 0.04, 0.08, 0.16, 0.32, 0.64, 1.28, 2.56, 5.12……… and now imagine the floating loss with positions in -50 pips lot sizes above. So, really it’s very risky trading strategy.

4. Thanks Tammyson thanked for this post
    Senior Trader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    I think they do work. The most successful robots are based on the martingale trading system. In order, to get good result from martingale trading strategy, select a good time frame to allow a good entry signal, and then make sure that the trading lot is very low. Once done all that, let it sit and make sure that you leave the terminal on.

6. Thanks Tammyson thanked for this post
    Senior Trader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachary Davis View Post
    I think they do work. The most successful robots are based on the martingale trading system. In order, to get good result from martingale trading strategy, select a good time frame to allow a good entry signal, and then make sure that the trading lot is very low. Once done all that, let it sit and make sure that you leave the terminal on.
    We will need to learn doing our trades with the help of the manual based trading systems.
    FXOpen - one of the most successful and fastest-growing Forex brokers.
    UK & AU regulated. ECN, STP, Crypto, Micro, PAMM accounts.

Senior Trader
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    My Language
    English
    I have a manual trading system. I use it quite successfully. It's important to me that the spreads are minimal. This is very important for my strategy, because I use short stop losses. ForexChief has good trading conditions for me.

9. ARIONFORXtarder